Personal development books
Self help books including mindfulness books, inspirational books, and books on leadership are abundant. And they are absolutely vital in planting new seeds in your mind – offering new ways to perceive the world.
Whether self improvement, personal goal setting, or self motivation are your reasons for pursuing self help, reading is a great way to learn about how others have overcome challenges that you may also be facing in your life.
Hence, at IBI, we tend to think of books as affordable mentoring. Some books offer a personal development plan template in the frameworks they introduce. Here is a reading list of some of our favourite books on mindset (in no particular order):
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- The Untethered Soul – Michael Singer
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Dr. Viktor Frankl
- Thrive – Arianna Huffington
- The Art of Asking – Amanda Palmer
- The Biology of Belief – Dr. Bruce Lipton
- Becoming Supernatural – Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Presence – Amy Cuddy
- E-Squared – Pam Grout
- Loving What Is – Byron Katie
- The Power of Vulnerability – Brene Brown
- The Law of Divine Compensation – Marianne Williamson
- The Diamond Cutter – Geshe Michael Roach
- The Desire Map – Danielle LaPorte
- Playing Big – Tara Mohr
- The Buddha’s Brain – Dr. Rick Hanson
- The Brain That Changes Itself – Dr. Norman Doidge
- Mindset: the New Psychology of Success – Dr. Carol Dweck
- How to Completely Change your Life in 30 Seconds – Earl Nightingale
- As a Man Thinketh – James Allen
- Brain Rules – Dr. John Medina
- Subliminal – Leonard Mlodinow
- Through My Eyes: From Struggle to Joy – Deb Maes
A gratitude journal is one of the most effective ways to train your brain. A daily gratitude practice (for even just 3 weeks) has been demonstrated to improve your psychological wellbeing, physical health, and interpersonal relationships. Learn more about the science of gratitude and purchase a Journal of HeARTwork & Gratitude today.
We're in this together!
The path of awakening can be a lonely one, but it doesn't have to be. Join our supportive community Soulful Evolving and find friends and resources to encourage you to shine in all the ways you do. It's free to join!